Congratulations Price Group! We would like to recognize you and your team for being named among Realogy Brokerage Group’s Top 100 Sales Teams for the first quarter of 2021.
Your team’s continued dedication to provide an unparalleled level of service to your clients is an inspiration to us all. On behalf of the Coldwell Banker family, thank you for your unwavering commitment, hard work and for providing significant contributions to the success of the nation’s largest real estate brokerage.
Best wishes for continued success throughout 2021!
“Two Miles Long and a Smile Wide” is the happy slogan of the town and the locals refer to their little city as “Mad Beach.”
Madeira Beach incorporated in the early 1950s. The old mom and pop motels that were so charming not so many years ago have been replaced by oceanfront condominiums. The beach is still accessible and is as pretty as ever. The town is largely residential and many of the residents are snow-birds, so the place is quieter than some of the more touristy areas along the Pinellas County beaches.
Two areas in Madeira Beach draw a fair number of locals and tourist’s;
The first is John’s Pass Village, a shopping and dining venue centered along a boardwalk. The boardwalk was built in 1980 and the area has continued to develop with the fishing village theme over the years.
The second place that draws a lot of interest, especially photographers, is The Church by the Sea. The non-denominational church was built in the 1940s. Although it is an attractive building, the thing that makes it popular to shutterbugs is the Spanish style tower on the church. No matter which way you look at it, the tower resembles a giant chicken! Locals refer to it as “the chicken church.”
According to the US Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.3 square miles, of which 1.0 square mile is land, and 2.2 square miles are water. The 2020 Census reported the population to be 4,301.
In 2020 there were 258 properties that sold for an average sales price of $510,208 and an average of 116 days on market. There are currently 16 properties listed for sale with an average list price of $721,968.
Visit this site next week when we take a closer look at North Redington Beach!
It was 1886, when the Orange Belt Railroad was coming through the area that residents came together to give their community a name. It seemed that the railroad would only build a station if the stop had a name. Some residents wished to name the town after the daughter of a prominent resident Gideon Blitch – Luluville. Ultimately they chose to name their town Largo, after the town’s large lake. (In an ironic twist, the Largo lake was completely drained by the Cross Bayou Drainage District 50 years later). Others argue that Largo gained its name from the city of Largo, Scotland, where several of the area’s settlers came from. Because of its central location and rich farmlands, Largo quickly became the center of the area’s citrus industry, earning the title “Citrus City.”
The town was officially incorporated in 1905, and in 1913 became the first town in Florida – and the second in the nation – to adopt a town manager form of government. The town grew rapidly through the boom times of the 1920s. It switched back and forth from “town” to “city” a few times and became a city again in 1974.
Today, residents and visitors alike flock to Largo’s Heritage Village, an open-air historical village and museum with structures dating back to the mid-late 19th century. The Heritage Village is adjoining the Botanical Gardens, a real hidden gem! With 182 acres showcasing flora, fauna, and natural resources in lovely surroundings…and it’s pet friendly!
According to the US Census Bureau, the city has a total of 19.47 square miles, of which 18.48 square miles is land and 0.99 square miles is water. The 2020 Census reported the population to be 84,948.
In 2020 there were 1,921 properties that sold for an average sales price of $252,110 and an average of 35 days on market. There are currently 94 properties listed for sale with an average list price of $279,164.
Visit this site next week when we take a close look at Madeira Beach!
Kenneth City began as 340 acres of pasture land and was incorporated April 30, 1957 as a tax-free community of single family homes.
Kenneth City was named after developer Sidney Colen’s son Kenneth. Several of Colen’s other projects have carried the names of his children. He named these developments after his children not to immortalize them, but to strengthen his commitment to do the best job he could “because I would never do anything to disgrace their names.”
Colen said Kenneth City was “born as a protest of over-bearing regulations and taxes.” He intended the town to be a model community.
The town has grown nearly ten times in size since it originated. Kenneth City has also become a lot more active in the last few years. The first town manager since the early days was hired in 2014. Kenneth City has always been a very safe area. The town has one of the lowest crime rates in the state of Florida. In fact, its motto is “A Safe, Friendly, Small Town.” A quick drive around the city and you will be able to see that this is an apt description. Kenneth City has great schools, low crime and a fantastic community spirit. The little town has accomplished a lot in just over 50 years of existence.
According to the US Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.7 square miles, all land. The 2020 Census reported the population to be 5,121.
In 2020 there were 100 properties that sold for an average sales price of $182,740 and an average of 38 days on market. There are currently 12 properties listed for sale with an average list price of $141,392.
Visit this site next week when we take a closer look at Largo!
Indian Shores was originally an Indian campsite and got its name from the large red rocks found along the shoreline. The first “settlers” were a pair of Robinson-Crusoe-type brothers named Cochran. In 1883 four Cedar Key speculators sailing to St. Petersburg, stopped to explore the Island.
Indian Shores was incorporated on September 16, 1949 and was called Indian Rocks Beach, South Shore at the time. The name was changed to Indian Shores August 14, 1973.
In addition to the beautiful beach, Indian Shores is known as the home of the Seaside Seabird Sanctuary, a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue & treatment of sick & injured birds. At the sanctuary you can leisurely stroll through the 1.7 acres which is home to nearly 100 permanently disabled birds which are on display in large aviaries. While at the sanctuary view the memorial dedicated to the late Jim Backus (Mr. Howell of Gilligan’s Island) and from longtime Redington Shores resident Dawn Wells (Mary-Ann of Gilligan’s Island), located in the sanctuary’s Shade Garden.
According to the US Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.9 square miles, of which 0.3 square miles is land and 0.6 square miles is water. The 2020 Census reported the population to be 1,468.
In 2020 there were 203 properties that sold with an average sales price of $621,761 and an average of 58 days on market. There are currently 15 properties listed for sale with an average list price of $1,457,953.
Check back with us next week as we look closer at Kenneth City!
“I liked the place, I thought it was the most beautiful place on God’s green footstool, and I think so yet.” Quoted by pioneer settler Harvey K. Hendrick many years after he arrived in Indian Rocks Beach around 1890.
There are two legends about how Indian Rocks Beach got its name. The first is that of a medicine man who used the local waters to heal his very ill chief (Native American Indian Chief Chic-a-Si). After the miraculous healing, the Indians returned to the site each year to fish and drink the water. Early settlers are said to have observed the Indians ‘going to the rocks’ each year-hence the name. The second legend came from the Native American Indians crossing over from the mainland to the island to fish along the shore. They chose a narrow spot to cross, where the rocks protruding from the water made it easy for them to walk across to the island. So, the rocks became known as Indian Rocks.
Indian Rocks Beach was developed in the early 1920’s as a weekend getaway destination for the wealthy. It became known as “Tampa’s playground” when the Tampa and Gulf Coast railroad built a spur from the city to the beach. Tampans flocked to their newly discovered paradise, seeking relief from the summer heat and the pressures of boom era city life.
Indian Rocks Beach was incorporated in 1956 after the creation of the longest fishing pier in Florida, and the biggest attraction of all: Tiki Gardens. The multi-acre Polynesian paradise that drew 300,000 visitors a year during its prime years. Today, a diverse, colorful blend of people from all age groups, and places old and new, give Indian Rocks Beach its unique, eclectic “cottage” character. Located on the barrier island Sand Key, there are 26 public beach accesses. Indian Rocks Beach is a mix that residents prize and visitors seek out year after year.
According to the US Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.4 square miles, of which 0.9 square miles is land and 0.5 square miles is water. The 2020 Census reported the population to be 4,285.
In 2020 there were 199 properties that sold with an average sales price of $678,635 and an average of 56 days on market. There are currently 13 properties listed for sale with an average list price of $754,623.
Visit us here again next week as we take a look at Indian Shores!
Gulfport has been known as Disston City, Bonifacio, and Veteran City over the years. Then in 1910, the name officially changed to Gulfport when it was incorporated. Gulfport, located in an area commonly referred to as “Old Florida,” is today a lovely waterfront community.
The 1990’s were a period of growth and renewal for this small community, areas were revitalized, and the population grew. However, even with this increase, the city retains to this day its small-town charm.
As part of the lovely “Old Florida” area, it boasts a mix of small businesses, shops, and quaint cottages. Today, Gulfport is becoming known for its arts district, as well as for its restaurants. It continues to be a popular area for fishing, and the maintains Williams Pier as a public fishing area, as well as a full-service marina.
The city’s two parks, the Casino Ballroom, and the beautiful tropical scenery make it an attractive area for visitors and artisans. From its humble beginnings and numerous setbacks, Gulfport has been transformed into a quaint, pleasant city that is attractive to residents and visitors alike.
According to the US Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.8 square miles, of which 2.8 square miles is land and 1.0 square mile of water. The 2020 Census reported the population to be 12,342.
In 2020 there were 418 properties sold with an average sales price of $350,220 with an average of 50 days on market. There are currently 23 properties listed for sale with an average list price of $655,587.
Stop by next week as we take a closer look at Indian Rocks Beach!
In 1852, the settlement was originally named Jonesboro by George Jones, the owner of the area mercantile. Two Scotsmen, J.O. Douglas and James Somerville later named the settlement Dunedin after applying for the first post office in northern Pinellas County. The name is taken from the Scottish Gaelic name for Edinburgh. Dunedin was incorporated in 1925.
With a dock built to accommodate larger sailing vessels, Dunedin became an important trading center and at one time it had the largest fleet of sailing vessels in the state.
“Delightful” Dunedin’s village-like atmosphere and a relaxed lifestyle has lured people from around the world for decades. The downtown business district is notable for its absence of large commercial signage, corporate franchise restaurants or chain retail stores.
Dunedin’s quality of life is linked to its appreciation of its diverse and colorful past, and to the country that helped shape it future…Scotland. In commemoration of its ancestral ties Dunedin has chosen Stirling, Scotland, and Summerside, Prince Edward Island as its sister cities.
Dunedin is proud of its “firsts” which are chronicled in “Dunedin Through the Years” by William L. Davidson. The amphibious tractor, the Alligator, assembled in Dunedin and used in WWII, played a decisive role in the Pacific phase of the war. Frozen orange juice concentrate, and the “Pram” sailboat racer both originated here. Dunedin was the first home of the prestigious PGA (Professional Golfers Association). The first radio signals from Pinellas County were sent from Dunedin. The oldest continuous garden club on Florida’s west coast is the Dunedin Garden Club.
Dunedin is home to several beaches, including Dunedin Causeway, Honeymoon Island, and Caladesi Island State Park, which is consistently rated among the best beaches in the world. It is also one of the few open waterfront communities where buildings do not obscure the view of the Intercoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico beyond.
According to the US Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 28.2 square miles, of which 10.4 square miles is land and 17.8 square miles is water. The 2020 Census reported the population to be 36,537.
In 2020 there were 1,013 properties sold with an average sales price of $323,526 and an average of 41 days on the market. There are currently 65 properties for sale with an average list price of $555,358.
Check us out again next week when we take a closer look at Gulfport!